Registration hours: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Friday (except holidays)

Must be child's LEGAL GUARDIAN to register the child.

Please bring the following items to the school office:

1. PROOF OF BIRTH (choose one of the following):

  • Original Birth Certificate issued by State (Birth Announcements provided by the hospital will NOT be accepted)

  • Original Passport

  • Alien Card


Two (2) of the following documents are required as proof of residency:

  • Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name.

      • A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address, effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.

  • Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian's name and is being sent to the house.

Verification of Residency Statement

  • If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation.

      • (a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend.

      • (b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence.

      • (c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence.

      • (d) Copies of 2 proof of legal residence documents of the relative/friend must be attached to the notarized statement

      • (e) Notarized statement must be signed by the same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend's proof of legal residence.

  • In addition, parent needs to provide one (1) proof of residence document from items listed below

      • Car Registration

      • Bank Statement

      • Medical Bills

      • Another other type of mail with parent/guardian's name and address listed in notarized statement

3. HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR INCOMING STUDENTS - (Kindergarten, Out-of-State, Foreign, Private School)

  • TB Test Clearance - dated within one (1) year of entry to Hawaii DOE School.

  • Completed Student Health Record (Form 14) - Physical Examination (PE) and all required immunizations. Must be completed by a United States medical physician & done within one (1) year of child's first day of school. Note: If unable to obtain a physical examination before the start of school, an appointment card from the doctor's office will be accepted and your child may still be enrolled

Students missing either of these requirements will NOT be permitted to enter school on the first day.


  • Transferring from Hawaii DOE School - You must provide the release packet from your child's previous school.

  • Transferring from Out-of-State/Private School - You must provide us with records/information of the previous school if it was provided to you. (School Name & Address, Report Card, Test Scores). Please complete a consent form ("notice of enrollment") to request records from your child's previous school.