Office Hours 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday, closed on Saturdays/Sundays and all state holidays.
681-8202 phone 681-8206 fax
Registration is taken from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 7:45 am - 2:00 pm
Wednesday 7:45 am - 12:35 pm
Students who arrive between 7:50-8:00 am are marked tardy but can still report to class. STUDENTS ARRIVING AFTER 8:00 AM WILL NEED TO REPORT TO THE OFFICE FOR A TARDY SLIP. Any students arriving after 11:00 am, will be marked absent.
When reporting absences to the school office, please include child's name, room number or teacher's name, and the reason for absence. A doctor's note should be provided for 3 or more days of being absent. Homework requests made before 9:30 am to the office will be ready by the end of the school day. Requests made after that time will be available the next day.
Student transfer of release forms are available in the front office and must be signed in order to process transfer. Please inform school at least 3 working days prior to student's last day in order to have transfer packet ready to take to student's new school. If student is transferring out on the last day of the school year, transfer packets will be available for pick up the following week.
If you are requesting to have your child leave campus early, call or send a note to the office on the morning of release and include the following instructions:
- Student legal first and last name
- Date and time of dismissal
- Name and relationship to student of person who is picking up. (Only authorized contacts listed will be allowed to pick up student.)
- Reason for early release (appoinments, personal, etc.)
Student will be given a call slip stating the time he/she is to report to the office for pick up. If you are picking up your child early in cases of emergency and did not notify the office earlier, please be aware that delays may occur. When picking up your child, parent or authorized contact must come in and provide a picture ID to the office to sign child out.
After/Before School Care
Care is provided through the Leeward YMCA. Applications are available in the front office. Payments should be made directly to Leeward YMCA. For more information, please call (808) 671-6495.
School Bus service is available to students who reside 1 mile or more from school. Applications are available in the front office. Bus routes can be found at: www.hawaiischoolbus.com
IMPORTANT: The DOE has a FIRM "No Refund" policy on all school bus pass purchases. Please select your payment plan carefully!
School Lunch Program
Ewa Elementary does not have an onsite cooking cafeteria. Meals are provided and delivered by James Campbell High School Cafeteria.
Prepayment program only. No cash will be accepted in the meal service line. Cash or checks are accepted in the office. Please make checks payable to: DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Payments can also be made online. To set up an account visit: https://www.ezschoolpay.com/Login.aspx
Breakfast Service: 7:10 am - 7:40 am
Lunch Service: 10:55 am - 11:50 am
Free and Reduced Price Meal Application
Paper applications are availaable in the front office. You can also apply online at ezmealapp.com
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A PAPER APPLICATION IF AN ONLINE APPLICATION WAS SUBMITTED.
Student Health Record (Form 14)
Please download the form if you need a copy to take to your physical exam.
Adult Supervisors & Classroom Cleaners
If you are interested in spending a few hours as a substitute Adult Supervisor or Classroom Cleaner, please stop by our school office for an application and more details about these positions.
If you believe your child is gifted or talented, please contact our school coordinator, Lorna Koike. She will need your permission to have your child tested. Forms can be requested by your child's teacher.
- Everyone who generously donated to our school food drive during the week of February 12-15. We had families who came forward to say they were affected by the Federal shutdown and we were able to offer them a bag of canned foods. The remainder of the items were distributed between the United States Coast Guard families and the Ewa Immaculate Conception Church food pantry.
- To Lyon Arboretum Hawaii Rare Plant Program Seed Lab for donating 600 pua kala seeds! This donation will support our kindergarteners in observing the natural world to learn more about what living things need to survive. It is a privilege for our keiki to learn through native plants and local resources.
- To the Marshall and Yuko Hung Foundation for awarding our school with a grant! Students are excited to use new technology purchased with this funding!
- To all who helped support our recent fundraiser! You can be sure the funds will be put to good use!
- To Ewa Orchid Society for a generous donation to our school to support our school events and activities!
- To the GENEROUS Ewa family who wanted to remain anonymous. They have donated 10 turkeys, 10 bags of rice and 10 sets of "fixins" for the Thanksgiving Holiday to some Ewa School families for the past 8 years!
- Dr. Yoshinobu Oshiro, retired DOE principal who was born and raised in Ewa and attended Ewa School, for his donation of $1000. This the the 14th donation of this type by Dr. Oshiro in support of our students and school.
- Keiki O Ka 'Aina Toy Drive for allowing select students to be recipients of your Toy Drive!
Annual Notification of Privacy Rights
Know your privacy rights as they apply to 1) student record information 2) directory information 3) surveys and other information collection 4) For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit http://bit.ly.FERPAHI